About the OMCC
The first of its kind to feature education, testing, certification and continued enhancement and support, the OMCC (Office Manager Certification Course) is accredited by The University of Houston College of Optometry. The program delivers critical information and training to ensure your practice excels through the efforts of your entire staff.
The Office Manager Certification Course is a 12-hour program that enables attendees to master the skills necessary to excel as an Office Manager in an Eye Care practice. The courses are taught via webinar and once attendees complete the program, they must pass a rigorous exam to ensure they have attained the skills required to receive the designation of ‘Certified Office Manager.’
- Managing staff: evaluation, hiring, dismissing, motivating staff, stress management in the office
- Delegation of authority: prioritization, accountability
- Timeline management: staff scheduling, patient scheduling
- Meeting management: agenda setting, delegation of reporting responsibilities
- Day to day operations: accounting, budgets, managing expenditures
- Office organization and systems structure
- Legal and ethical aspects of management
- Improving financial performance: fees, credits and collections
- Goal setting
- Handling difficult people
- Handling difficult situations
- February 7, 2023: Course 1: Introduction to OMCC / Accounting Principles. Homework #1 due 2/24.
- February 21, 2023: Course 2: Budgeting and Managing Money. Homework #1 due 2/24.
- March 7, 2023: Course 3: Improving Financial Performance. Homework #1 due 3/24.
- March 14, 2023: Course 4: Managing Staff part 1. Homework #2 due 3/24.
- March 21, 2023: Course 5: Managing Staff part 2. Homework #2 due 3/24.
- April 4, 2023: Course 6: Managing Staff part 3. Homework #3 due 4/28.
- April 11, 2023: Course 7: Managing Staff part 4. Homework #3 due 4/28.
- April 18, 2023: Course 8: Managing Staff part 5. Homework #3: due 4/28.
- May 2, 2023: Course 9: Legal and Ethical Aspects of Management
- May 9, 2023: Course 10: Handling Difficult People and Situations
- June 6, 2023: Course 11: Effective Delegation
- June 13, 2023: Course 12: Review and Certification Test.
- June 13-16: Final Test
Registration fees are $495 for PECAA Max members, $695 for PECAA Advantage (HEA) members and $795 for non-PECAA members.
During the live session, attendees will receive a link to watch a webinar in real-time which will allow them the opportunity to ask questions and receive immediate responses from the instructor. All webinars will be recorded and posted for attendees to review the following day.
Fall 2023 Registration Will Open Soon!
If you don’t have time to watch the webinars in real-time, we now offer a remote version of the OMCC, which is available now! Take the course at your own pace and still receive the same information and support you would during the live session.
The on-demand session runs year-round with testing done in March, June, September and December.
The program costs $495 for PECAA Max Members, $695 for PECAA Advantage (HEA) members and $795 for non-PECAA members.
Has your OMCC Certificate expired? Graduates of the OMCC program receive a certificate that’s valid for 3 years. That means if you graduated from the OMCC program 2020 or before — this is for you.
The good news is, you can get recertified at a discounted rate through our accelerated 6-video recertification course, which you can take at your own pace through our on-demand video series.
PECAA Max members can register for the course for $295. Both PECAA Advantage and non-PECAA members can register for $495.
What Members Are Saying About the OMCC:
I’m definitely more open to differences in opinions and points of view after this training. This course helped me realize that I need to step back and assess a situation before coming back at it with a different perspective. I used to come across matter-of-fact, without realizing that it might come across as offensive in some way. But recently, someone said ‘I’ve noticed such a big difference in how you approach things.‘ I also try to be more motivating now in my role as manager.” – Panya Kartal, Eye to Eye Wilsonville
The program and teacher Valerie were both wonderful! I gained knowledge that we are going to implement immediately in our clinic. My boss actually just promoted me to Office Manager starting today! Thank you! – June Briggs, Weiss Eyecare Clinic
As a first time manager, this class was a life saver and I truly appreciated all of the knowledge, experience, and information provided throughout the course. Thank you for a fantastic experience! – Kelsey Triptow, Visionology
There was so much useful information in this course, and I really appreciated that it showed how to use all of the information in the office reports to build a stronger practice. – Kristin Bell, Peak Eyecare
The course was informative, interactive, and not intimidating at all. Valerie knows her stuff and made our time worthwhile. – Lori Vuckovich, Family Vision Care
Valerie Manso – PECAA Director of Staff Education, ABOC, FNAO, ALB, ACB
Valerie Manso has presented thousands of hours in continuing education for Optometrists, Opticians and Paraoptometric Technicians at venues such as Vision Expo East and West, SECO, Heart of America, East West Congress and many more.
Should you have any questions regarding the course itself, please contact Valerie Manso at email@example.com.