- This event has passed.
Professional Responsibility Course for Texas Optometrists
Date & Time: Monday, Oct 4, 2021 | 6:45pm – 8:00 CT
Presented by: Dr. Andrew Kemp, OD, FAAO
Hosted by: University of Houston College of Optometry
- New FTC amendments to the Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act
- Reporting requirements and procedures in suspected cases of family violence
- Telehealth regulations
- Licensee compliance issues
- Changes in license renewal requirements
- 6:45pm — 7:00pm: Virtual Webinar Entry Period
- 7:00pm — 7:10pm: Announcements, CE Credit Overview and Introductions
- Presented by Dr. Ryan Patel, Mikalyn Conner and Cristian Loayza
- 7:10pm — 8:00pm: Professional Responsibility Course for Texas Optometrists
- Presented by Andrew Kemp, OD, FAAO
About Our Speaker
Dr. Andrew Kemp graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 2010 and the University of Houston College of Optometry in 2014. Dr. Kemp completed an ocular disease residency at the Cedar Springs Eye Clinic in Dallas, TX, a UHCO-affiliated community clinic. Dr. Kemp is now on faculty, serving as a Clinical Assistant Professor, at the Cedar Springs Eye Clinic and the Community Eye Clinic working with fourth year optometry externs and residents. He also serves as an Adjunct Professor for the University of the Incarnate Word Rosenberg School of Optometry. Additionally, Dr. Kemp is an Associate Optometrist at Kleiman Evangelista Eye Center and the Optometry Medical Records Quality Assurance Director for Lone Star Circle of Care in Austin, TX.
His research interests include the application of OCT-Angiography in the detection of retinal changes in diabetics, as well as, the management of glaucoma. Dr. Kemp has published and presented posters, as well as, lectured on a variety of ocular disease topics.
Dr. Kemp’s memberships include the TOA, AOA and the Texas Public Health Association. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry and serves as a consultant for the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education.