Orlando, FL – The 23rd Annual Transitions Academy, which took place in early February, drew more than 900 industry executives to the JW Marriott Grande Lakes for several days of learning, networking and professional development opportunities. PECAA was pleased to have been nominated for the Best-in-Training Transitions Innovation Award, and several of the PECAA Team were able to be in attendance during the recognition ceremony when PECAA was announced the winner of it’s category.
“To be recognized by Transitions Optical for the Best-In-Training award is very gratifying. It is a testament to the hard work and dedication that the PECAA Team exhibits every day in their mission to serve our Membership,” notes Dr. Lance Anderson, PECAA Co-Founder.
To help educate the Membership on the benefits of Transitions lenses, PECAA launched the following training initiatives over the course of 2018:
- Inspired by Jason Dorsey’s research (Jason Dorsey was the Transitions Academy keynote speaker in 2017), PECAA recruited Dorsey as a keynote speaker at the 2019 Annual Meeting in Austin, TX
- Included Transitions as a speaker at the Optical Merchandising and Selling Strategies for Success Workshops
- Organized Peer-to-Peer events in 8 markets where doctors were able to to learn about Transitions
latest product advancements and marketing resources
- Transitions was featured at the happy hour event at the 2018 Annual Meeting in Tucson, AZ where four unique cocktails were created and displayed in color changing cups that demonstrated the new style colors
- Ongoing in-person events and trainings alongside virtual education to teach Members about where to find Transitions PRO resources
Jonathan Ormsby, Transitions Key Account Manager, noted that he nominated PECAA for the Best-in-Training Award because “PECAA has been a partner of Transitions since their very beginning, and we believe they deserved to be recognized for the training programs they’ve developed to ensure their Members have the latest product information and professional skills to confidently recommended authentic Transitions lenses.”
Jill Stephenson, PECAA Vendor Partnership Manager, adds; “We’re focused on knowing and understanding where the market is going, so PECAA can position itself to be light years ahead.”
For more information on the PECAA and Transition Optical partnership, please view their PECAA Partner web page.*
*Must be logged in to the PECAA website to view.